Customer Service Associate
Interact with customers in response to inquiries about Boat Outfitters products. Responsibilities will include traditional customer service tasks (phone calls, answering e-mails, taking orders) but will also include more complex projects such as helping to design custom products per customers' unique specifications.
This is not an ordinary customer service job. It requires extensive product training, basic engineering competency and excellent organization. It is not a position with repetitive tasks but rather one where you will face unique challenges daily that often require complex thinking and problem solving.
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved promptly and thoroughly.
- Educate and advise the customer when applicable about appropriate products given unique applications.
- Interpret customer requirements, identify engineering challenges and act as a liaison between customer and engineering team.
- Accurately and efficiently place orders into our shopping cart backend systems.
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making.
- General interest in boats and boating accessories (extensive boating experience preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and written.
- Offers will take into consideration your background and related experience
- Normal work hours for this position is Mon-Fri 7am – 5pm (overtime available)
- Nights and weekends are not a normal part of our work schedule.
- Limited travel to industry trade shows may be necessary.
- We offer a generous selection of benefits including paid time off, a 401K plan with company contributions. We contribute heavily towards your selected medical and dental insurance and also provide life insurance coverage.
[updated Oct 20, 2020]
Manages purchasing and warehouse operations with responsibility to assure required materials are on hand for production requirements. Plans and implements operating policies and procedures.
- Directs and coordinates the overall operations of the buying/receiving/stockroom and BOM Coordinator.
- Regulates workflow by distributing daily job tasks to the department personnel and assists to resolve operating problems.
- Insures all transactional reporting is accurately documented, to generate reports required by management, by using computerized tracking and inventory control system.
- Conducts monthly and annual inventory of goods and adjusts inventory in Epicor ERP System.
- Responsible for material movement, storage and space allocation for raw goods and materials in the stockroom and storage sheds.
- Purchases raw material (based on MRP Suggestions and physical counts), supplies, parts and equipment, MRO items (from requisitions covering items and quantity, with approved dollar authority).
- Contact supplier on adjustments, incorrect material or delivery problems.
- Negotiates pricing and maintains projects to reduce overall spend.
- Responsible for maintenance of purchase records, processing receipts, follow up and expediting orders.
- Reviews hiring, training, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions and staffing needs under the direction of the owners.
- Insures job expectations, policy changes and departmental objectives are effectively communicated to the employees.
- Meets with vendors initially to evaluate new and existing products and raw materials.
- Oversees MSDS guide to insure compliance with OSHA recommendations and regulations.
- Informs appropriate department, group leader or management associate of any product shortages, defects, delays or any other problem affecting shipments to customers.
- Review and disposition rejected material.
- Set up Purchasing and Inventory parameters in Epicor, monitor and revise as business requirements change.
- Monitor product costing/changes and report to Management.
- Provide forecasts to vendors to insure product is available, determine pre-buys when product price is increasing with Management approval.
- Assists other department and management to contribute to the overall team effort.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school required
- AS or BS Degree preferred
- Significant previous MRP, inventory control/planning, purchasing and receiving experience
- Good communication skills
- Confidentiality and independent judgement
[updated Feb 9, 2021]
Assistant Office Manager
The Office Manager serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. The Office Manager is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality. In addition, the Office Manager should build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities.
- Organizes, directs, and monitors daily activities of front office staff.
- Responsible for all client communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on client deliverables.
- Reviews all aspects to ensure quality standards and client expectations are met.
- Works closely with the Operations in order to maintain a continuous knowledge of project status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the project.
- Ensures that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met, and that projects are profitable.
- Aware and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business, involving the Executives.
- Communicates the client's goals and represent the client's interests to the team.
- Provides regular two-way communication between the client and team, to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
- Understanding of company capabilities and service, and effectively communicates all offerings to the client.
- Assists in overseeing several departmental processes.
- Maintain Office Records.
- Handle Customer complaints and inquiries and returns.
- Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
- Extremely detail oriented
- Technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc)
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- MS office required
- Intermediate Excel Skills required
- Epicor experience is a plus.
- Delegation: Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
[updated Jun 21, 2021]