As a sales representative, you'll be the face of the company. Our reps carry the responsibility of developing new business opportunities without losing the focus on our existing OEM customers. Some travel is required in order to facilitate face-to-face meetings and build solid working relationships with our customers. Position is salary-based with a commission incentive, and offers a competitive benefits package.
- Identify, pursue, and develop new sales opportunities.
- Maintain contact with existing customers on a regular basis to ensure their satisfaction.
- Communicate with our engineering and prototype departments to relay design needs.
- Assist in pricing of new designs and projects.
- Acknowledge, record, and update any change requests in necessary systems.
- Attend and work trade shows.
- Travel, occasionally on short notice; Approximately 15-20%.
- Professional, approachable relationship builder
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced “get-it-done” work environment
- Confident, social leader who "works the room" when given the opportunity
- High work ethic; dedication to customer service and respect for others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in the marine industry; must be able to demonstrate a technical aptitude and know your way around boats and/or boat manufacturing
- College degree is preferred. Some college coursework may be substituted by relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to read/interpret basic product drawings
- CAD and/or engineering experience a plus
- A good driving record
- References within the industry
† Position is located in the Orlando office and must reside locally (this is not a remote position).
[updated Jan 20, 2020]
Customer Service Associate
Interact with customers in response to inquiries about Boat Outfitters products. Responsibilities will include traditional customer service tasks (phone calls, answering e-mails, taking orders) but will also include more complex projects such as helping to design custom products per customers' unique specifications.
This is not an ordinary customer service job. It requires extensive product training, basic engineering competency and excellent organization. It is not a position with repetitive tasks but rather one where you will face unique challenges daily that often require complex thinking and problem solving.
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved promptly and thoroughly.
- Educate and advise the customer when applicable about appropriate products given unique applications.
- Interpret customer requirements, identify engineering challenges and act as a liaison between customer and engineering team.
- Accurately and efficiently place orders into our shopping cart backend systems.
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making.
- General interest in boats and boating accessories (extensive boating experience preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and written.
- Offers will take into consideration your background and related experience
- Normal work hours for this position is Mon-Fri 7am – 5pm (overtime available)
- Nights and weekends are not a normal part of our work schedule.
- Limited travel to industry trade shows may be necessary.
- We offer a generous selection of benefits including paid time off, a 401K plan with company contributions. We contribute heavily towards your selected medical and dental insurance and also provide life insurance coverage.
[updated Oct 20, 2020]
Stock Room Supervisor
Seeking a meticulous and organized stockroom supervisor who can lead a team and implement best practices to keep our stockroom functioning efficiently. The stockroom supervisor will report directly to our purchasing manager and regularly interface with our key manufacturing team leads. They will be responsible for receiving and stocking inbound inventory as well as picking and delivering outbound inventory used by our manufacturing cells.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work area.
- Support daily picking requirements for manufacturing production cells.
- Receive and sign into stock inbound inventory.
- Identify and suggest process/layout improvements to increase efficiency.
- Schedule and participate in periodic physical inventory checks.
- Manage and motivate entry level stockroom clerks.
- Maintain a part shortage/stock out report.
- Documents return of damaged/defective stock.
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
- Standing for long periods of time in non climate-controlled factory setting
- High School Diploma or GED
- Microsoft Excel Experience
[updated Oct 20, 2020]