Customer Service Associate
Interact with customers in response to inquiries about Boat Outfitters products. Responsibilities will include traditional customer service tasks (phone calls, answering e-mails, taking orders) but will also include more complex projects such as helping to design custom products per customers' unique specifications.
This is not an ordinary customer service job. It requires extensive product training, basic engineering competency and excellent organization. It is not a position with repetitive tasks but rather one where you will face unique challenges daily that often require complex thinking and problem solving.
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved promptly and thoroughly.
- Educate and advise the customer when applicable about appropriate products given unique applications.
- Interpret customer requirements, identify engineering challenges and act as a liaison between customer and engineering team.
- Accurately and efficiently place orders into our shopping cart backend systems.
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making.
- General interest in boats and boating accessories (extensive boating experience preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and written.
- Offers will take into consideration your background and related experience
- Normal work hours for this position is Mon-Fri 7am – 5pm (overtime available)
- Nights and weekends are not a normal part of our work schedule.
- Limited travel to industry trade shows may be necessary.
- We offer a generous selection of benefits including paid time off, a 401K plan with company contributions. We contribute heavily towards your selected medical and dental insurance and also provide life insurance coverage.
[updated Oct 20, 2020]
Manages purchasing and warehouse operations with responsibility to assure required materials are on hand for production requirements. Plans and implements operating policies and procedures.
- Directs and coordinates the overall operations of the buying/receiving/stockroom and BOM Coordinator.
- Regulates workflow by distributing daily job tasks to the department personnel and assists to resolve operating problems.
- Insures all transactional reporting is accurately documented, to generate reports required by management, by using computerized tracking and inventory control system.
- Conducts monthly and annual inventory of goods and adjusts inventory in Epicor ERP System.
- Responsible for material movement, storage and space allocation for raw goods and materials in the stockroom and storage sheds.
- Purchases raw material (based on MRP Suggestions and physical counts), supplies, parts and equipment, MRO items (from requisitions covering items and quantity, with approved dollar authority).
- Contact supplier on adjustments, incorrect material or delivery problems.
- Negotiates pricing and maintains projects to reduce overall spend.
- Responsible for maintenance of purchase records, processing receipts, follow up and expediting orders.
- Reviews hiring, training, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions and staffing needs under the direction of the owners.
- Insures job expectations, policy changes and departmental objectives are effectively communicated to the employees.
- Meets with vendors initially to evaluate new and existing products and raw materials.
- Oversees MSDS guide to insure compliance with OSHA recommendations and regulations.
- Informs appropriate department, group leader or management associate of any product shortages, defects, delays or any other problem affecting shipments to customers.
- Review and disposition rejected material.
- Set up Purchasing and Inventory parameters in Epicor, monitor and revise as business requirements change.
- Monitor product costing/changes and report to Management.
- Provide forecasts to vendors to insure product is available, determine pre-buys when product price is increasing with Management approval.
- Assists other department and management to contribute to the overall team effort.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school required
- AS or BS Degree preferred
- Significant previous MRP, inventory control/planning, purchasing and receiving experience
- Good communication skills
- Confidentiality and independent judgement
[updated Feb 9, 2021]
We are always hiring for our different Manufacturing Positions.
Our day shifts are from Monday – Friday 7am-3:30pm
(Overtime available depending on business needs before 7am)
Our Night Shift roles are from Monday – Friday 3:15pm-11: 45pm
(Overtime is available depending on business needs after 11:45pm)
Our Roles are as follows:
- Stock Room Clerk
- Komo Operator (Machine operator experience preferred)
- Material handler (Forklift Experience Required/Preferred)
[updated Aug 23, 2022]